Litigation involving financial issues is incredibly complicated, often containing complex transactions, detailed financial statements and technical footnotes. Lawyers need unbiased experts to help them understand how accounting rules affect their clients’ positions and to translate the issues into language that lawyers, judges and jurors can understand.
Blythe Global Advisors Litigation Support Services include:
- Review and analysis of documents to evaluate companies’ accounting positions.
- Education and guidance on complex accounting transactions and the applicable rules to enable counsel to turn arcane details into compelling arguments.
- Expert testimony by BGA or support for counsel’s expert witness(es).
BGA’s team of qualified experts, including certified public accountants highly trained in financial forensics and fraud, brings credibility to businesses in financial disputes. BGA provides financial expertise support through the entire course of litigation, from discovery to deposition to trial. We assist with:
- Forensic accounting and analysis
- Support for case development
- Discovery and depositions
- Record reconstruction
- Review of opponents report
- Shareholder, member and partner disputes
- Economic damage assessments
- Evaluation of tax matters in proposed settlements
- Expert witness testimony
- Banker/lender collateral investigating
- Financial statement misrepresentation
- Misappropriation of funds
- Professional malpractice (tax and accounting)