All leases – whether operating or capital leases – must be included on a company’s balance sheet under both Accounting Standard Codification Topic 842, or ASC 842, and IFRS 16. To comply, companies must be mindful of how leases are negotiated and reported and ensure accurate values of every lease’s assets and liabilities over its life. By the time audit firms enter the picture, leases are already executed and the opportunity to structure them in a manner optimal to the company’s primary financial metrics will have lapsed. The risk of unintended consequences on results is significant.
Blythe Global Advisors has a proven track record of helping clients resolve lease accounting issues. We hit the ground running for our clients, from startups to brand name entities based in the U.S. and worldwide, leaving them better positioned to meet both their reporting obligations and strategic objectives.
We achieve our consistently high results through BlytheTeam®, our alliance of former Big Four partners and executives, industry entrepreneurs and former corporate finance and accounting senior executives and professionals, the majority of whom are CPAs. These experts bring to every engagement extensive knowledge of U.S. and international accounting principles and regulations, seasoned leadership, project management skills and know-how across a wide range of industries.
BGA helps businesses bring their lease accounting practices into compliance. We provide a range of services, from end-to-end advisory services for overall leasing strategies, systems, processes and procedures to LeaseDashBoard® — a one-stop, turnkey solution that determines calculations under ASC 842 and IFRS 16. BGA’s services cover everything from structuring leases properly during upfront negotiations to ensuring they’re correctly and optimally reported throughout the life of their operation.
BGA’s Leasing Services Include:
- Assessment of existing leases: We forecast their impact on primary financial metrics under ASC 842 and IFRS 16.
- Recommendations regarding new leases: We evaluate overall leasing strategies, including the impact of the rule on processes, workloads, systems and culture, both within and beyond the general accounting and financial functions. We analyze prospective new leases to ensure they are structured to maximize Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization, or EBITDA.
- Blueprint preparation: We help ensure compliance, including implementation of updated or new systems, policies and/or procedures.
- LeaseDashBoard®: Our tool is used to make calculations that converts data into compliant financial reporting formats and statements.
- Audit-ready document production
- Audit firm liaison: We bridge the gap between a business and the audit firm, anticipating needs, reducing costs and providing value up and down the reporting chain.
- Training: We offer companywide training, as needed.
Contact Us Today
(* Required field)