Responsible for contributing to the company’s accounting policies, implementing new accounting standards, and performing complex technical accounting assessments, including those related to business combinations, consolidation accounting, investment accounting, impairment analyses, revenue recognition, lease accounting and compensation accounting.
The majority of our team members have experience in both public accounting and private industry. They come from Big 4 and Top 10 accounting firms and have diverse industry experience working in the finance and accounting departments of public and private companies as CFO’s and controllers.
- Research technical accounting topics and draft position papers on topics such as purchase accounting, revenue recognition, derivatives accounting, lease accounting, stock-based compensation and new accounting pronouncements.
- Coordinate with external auditors, manage the audit process for areas within job scope, and provide audit supporting documentation for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Responsible for various month-end close procedures for main operating entities (stock-based compensation, purchase accounting and other technical accounting matters), including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation, analysis of results, and financial statements.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- 7+ years accounting experience in the Big 4 and industry, including Form S-1 filings.
- CPA required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, and financial statement preparation.
- Strong technical research skills, including experience with US GAAP and other accounting standards research related to revenue recognition and inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition, inventory, equity accounting, consolidations, international accounting, inter-company transactions and corporate accounting and reporting is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and adhere to deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills); strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality.