Senior Associate, Internal Audit
Posted 1 year ago
Primary responsibilities include audit planning and execution with a focus on controls testing, working with third-party internal audit consultants, collaborating on control testing activities, and validating remediation activities for internal audit issues.
The majority of our team members have experience in both public accounting and private industry. They come from Big 4 and Top 10 accounting firms and have diverse industry experience working in the finance and accounting departments of public and private companies as CFO’s and controllers.
- Partner with high performing project teams to work on internal audit projects.
- Create process narratives, identify key controls, and conclude on design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Demonstrate clear and concise writing and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members.
- Produce quality deliverables evidenced through minimal review time and review notes.
- Respond to client needs, acting as a primary contact with clients.
- Balance competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while maintaining project progress.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in financial services at public accounting firm or professional services firm with emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to Internal Audit.
- CPA required or ability to achieve CPA certification within 12 months.
- Exceptional people, project and client management skills gained by working in multiple, professional environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely.
- Experience translating complicated issues into simple and easy to understand terms to guide clients and provide solutions.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work.