Independent Consultant, Accounting & Transaction
Posted 1 year ago
Responsible for providing technical and advisory financial and accounting due diligence services. Ability to perform complex analyses, including analysis of cash flows, quality of assets and earnings, operating and profitability trends, working capital and identification of potential liabilities and risks.
The majority of our team members have experience in both public accounting and private industry. They come from Big 4 and Top 10 accounting firms and have diverse industry experience working in the finance and accounting departments of public and private companies as CFO’s and controllers.
- Audit preparation and support services.
- Prepare policies and procedures documents for public companies to identify potential financial and operational company gaps.
- Write technical accounting memos related to revenue recognition (ASC 605/606) and preferred stock in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and review accounting transactions related to multiple element arrangements and stock-based compensation.
- Assist with public offerings, inclusive of performing audit prep work, documenting significant accounting policies, and preparing the financial statements and related footnote disclosures.
- Review the completeness and accuracy of underlying 10K/10Q reconciliations and closing schedules.
- Assist with SEC filings related to IPOs, debt offerings and acquisitions.
- Prepare journal entries related to revenue recognition within the client’s system.
- Review the adequacy of the client’s footnote disclosures with the assistance of the external auditor’s Automated Disclosure Checklist.
- Prepare external reporting binder underlying the client’s S-1 registration statement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- A mix of public accounting experience at a Big 4/National Firm or private industry.
- CPA license preferred.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel if needed.