The ideal candidate has technical accounting and transaction advisory experience and strong analytical skills. Responsible for managing technical accounting engagements and leading teams through revenue recognition, debt/equity transactions and mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
The majority of our team members have experience in both public accounting and private industry. They come from Big 4 and Top 10 accounting firms and have diverse industry experience working in the finance and accounting departments of public and private companies as CFO’s and controllers.
- Manage strategic technical accounting advisory engagements and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Lead teams through the application of complex accounting topics including: business combinations, revenue recognition, lease accounting, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, debt/equity transactions and stock-based compensation, financial instruments and derivatives, consolidation issues and GAAP vs. IFRS.
- Advise clients on full range of technical accounting issues.
- Provide support to clients involved in various transactions including IPO, reverse-merger and SPAC.
- Participate in SEC Reporting for some clients.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field.
- Technical accounting & transaction advisory experience from a top-tier public accounting firm or a reputable in-house corporate environment.
- SEC Reporting experience a plus.
- Strong people, project and client management skills.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Strength in translating complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms.
- Strong analytical skills, sound interpretation of complex subject matter, ability to generate meaningful insights and develop pragmatic recommendations.
- Ability to execute and operate in high-pressure and fast-paced environments.
- Experience in quickly adapting to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work.