Risk Advisory Services – Internal Audit
For small to medium-sized companies with big plans, investing in an internal audit function has become a prerequisite to demonstrating strength of purpose and good governance. For large companies with an established internal audit function, regular reviews are essential to determine if controls have remained sufficient for current needs.
To implement the right
internal audit function, call us.
Blythe Global Advisors has a proven track record of helping companies of all sizes implement the full range of internal audit services. Irrespective of where you are on the private/public spectrum and regardless of whether you need to install your first internal audit processes or improve current competency, we can help you implement the right infrastructure to lessen risks, comply with current regulations and save money. Our judgment decisions are based on the sound application of rules and have withstood the severe scrutiny that today’s internal audit functions must undergo.
We deliver these consistently high results through BlytheTeamSM, our alliance of former Big Four partners/executives, current industry entrepreneurs, and former corporate finance and accounting senior executives/professionals. Our clients can attest that we hit the ground running and always leave companies ready to meet reporting obligations, strengthened against the threat of breach and better situated to reach strategic objectives.
Our internal audit services include:
- Enterprise Risk: We assess your existing capabilities against current accounting principles and your own strategy. As necessary, we develop recommendations to help you keep your systems, policies, procedures and skills aligned.
- Implementation: For companies investing in their first internal audit function, implementing a full-scale, compliant internal audit function is a complex process that most businesses traditionally phase in over time. With Blythe Global Advisors, you don’t need to hire additional financial and accounting professionals or IT personnel. Working with your organization, we’ll perform a turnkey implementation for you.
- Business Process Reviews: For companies with existing internal audit functions that face bandwidth challenges, periodic reviews are essential to keep the focus beyond just Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements. We review your processes, procedures and protocols to determine if your organization has stayed current with changes to your business models, revenue streams or associated new risks.
- Cosourcing/Outsourcing: Once implemented, we can provide a full-time equivalent professional to carry out your internal audit responsibilities – a solution that’s especially cost-effective for smaller companies. Our high-caliber personnel are experienced at evaluating risks, identifying gaps, providing recommendations and fulfilling the independent aspects of internal audit work without any conflict of interest that prevents your audit firm from doing this work.
- Audit Committee Interface: When it’s time to report to the board, our Big Four experience comes to the fore. We can help you provide your audit committee with comprehensive, multidimensional reports – making your internal audit function a valuable tool in your board’s decision-making.
Our end-to-end approach provides solutions that are flexibly priced, customized to your specific risk concerns and include the hallmarks of every BGA engagement – turnkey implementation, knowledge transfer and measurable results.